What we do
To contribute to high quality New Zealand university education by:
- engaging as a leader and advocate in the development of universities based on high quality, internationally acceptable, academic practices;
- providing quality assurance and quality enhancement services which assist universities in facilitating excellent student experience and learning outcomes.
Terms of Reference
- to consider and review the universities’ mechanisms for monitoring and enhancing the ongoing academic quality of academic programmes, their delivery and their learning outcomes, and the extent to which the universities are achieving their stated aims and objectives in these areas,
- to comment on the extent to which procedures in place in individual universities are applied effectively,
- to comment on the extent to which procedures in place in individual universities reflect good practice in maintaining quality,
- to identify and commend to universities national and international good practice in regard to academic quality assurance and quality enhancement,
- to assist the university sector to improve its educational quality,
- to advise the New Zealand Vice-Chancellors’ Committee on quality assurance matters;
- to carry out such contract work as is compatible with its audit role.